Monday, November 17, 2014

Work Party!

Sunday dawned clear, cold and calm. The calm part is very unusual for my windy home. But very helpful for my Work Party!
Here are three of the four folks from the 
San Diego Tiny House enthusiasts
MeetUp group who made their way up the hill to help me prepare and stain my deck and ramp. Also in attendance were two remarkably well behaved kids, who played quietly and napped in the back of their small SUV for the entire day!
Here is the final member of the crew cleaning the wood to prep for staining.
Believe it or not, while the others went to Target to buy sweats (they didn't realize how cold it was at near 4,000 ft) He worked in shorts and a short sleeve shirt! 
I made a big pot of chili and two batches of cornbread to ensure no one wilted due to 
lack of nourishment.
It made for a wonderful day. I so much was thankful for their help, as my broken rib is acting up again. I had thought I was done with the annoyance of that, but it reared it's ugly head again a couple of days ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment