Monday, December 29, 2014

Not for the faint hearted!

Tiny house building is not for the faint of heart.....or those not paying attention. As I found out last Saturday.
I was getting ready to put up my first sheet of siding. Having help that day, we had cut out the window openings, Tyveked the side.
Ready for the first sheet of siding. I was hurrying over to the other side of the porch to help lay it down so the notches for the joists and the opening for the wheel well could be cut out. 
Well, I forgot about the tie down strap. Went down hard, landing on my face. Not a mark on any other part of my body. 
The paramedics were sure my nose was broken,( it certainly bled enough to be broken!) the E.R Doctor thought it was broken, but the Radiologist said no. 
Thank goodness! Dodged a bullet there. 
No one to blame but myself.
So the siding didn't go up, I put some heavy plastic on the inside over the window openings to hopefully hold some heat in.
That's important because it is supposed to start snowing tomorrow! Oh well, the best laid plans and all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment